Linn Products is an established thriving and vibrant Glasgow company at the leading edge of design and manufacture of music systems. We are proud of our collaborative and caring culture, focused on quality, performance, and continuous improvement.
Linn genuinely cares about our people and supporting their career development. We are therefore delighted to offer an exciting career opportunity for a Buyer to join our Purchasing team.
Purpose of Role
The Buyer will ensure that components, parts and materials are available at the right time and in the correct quantities to allow customer orders to be fulfilled in an efficient and timely manner whilst managing inventory levels and costs.
As part of our busy Purchasing team, you will be tasked primarily with buying and planning the timely supply of the various components, materials, subcontracted machined or processed parts or similar that we use to build our market leading hi-fi equipment at our factory in Waterfoot.
Key to the role will be establishing and maintaining good working relationships with our existing supply base to ensure effective information flow and required standards are maintained, while also finding and onboarding new suppliers as necessary. Extensive travel will be involved with regular visits to our suppliers across the UK and Europe.
Using our ERP system to complete tasks including raising orders, reviewing forecasting, understanding potential shortages and ensuring it always reflects the latest situation to allow successful planning and execution of the production requirements will be essential to the role.
The role will also involve, regularly liaising with other teams to share relevant sourcing information, representing the Purchasing team at project meetings, and being involved in other cross functional team meetings as required.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Buying and planning experience, ideally in manufactiring and a busy factory environment with high numbers of individual part numbers.
- Field account management experience, able to maintain strong relationships with key suppliers to deal with any issues around quality, adherence to schedules, cost issues, shipping, etc.
- Experience working with ERP systems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strategic thinking and forward planning.
As well as a competitive salary and opportunities for career progression we also offer some fantastic benefits such as:
- 32 days annual holidays and holiday purchase scheme
- Onsite gym and sauna and exercise classes
- Professional development opportunities
- Health Working Lives awarded employer
- Health Living awarded canteen
- Flexible, hybrid working
- Generous staff discount
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Online GP and EAP
- Private healthcare
- Company pension
- Life Assurance
How to Apply
Please send your CV to email@example.com along with your salary expectations and cover letter.