At Linn, everyone makes a difference — we’re committed to finding the best talent around. We offer a rewarding career in an ever-changing market, working with people who love music.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Executive to join our team to develop our existing network of independent specialist retailers and also identify and onboard new accounts. You will have a passion for music, technology and people, drive positive change and enjoy finding solutions. This role requires regular travel across the UK and Europe (specifically Italy and Scandinavia).
This is the perfect opportunity for an aspirational individual to join the talented sales team of an established, forward-thinking company at the leading edge of design and manufacture of music systems.
Deliver sustainable sales growth for the company through new and existing specialist retailers, working in partnership with them to create winning business plans that deliver value for both businesses. Work closely with the Direct Market Sales Lead and the wider business development team, to support the overall Linn sales strategy at a local level.
- Achieve quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Create and manage a sales growth plan for retailers.
- Identify and present commercial opportunities and support retailer competency in securing sustainable business.
- Work closely to understand each retailer’s individual business needs and add value by providing guidance on how they can grow their sales with Linn.
- Plan and hold structured meetings in-store and remotely to create business plans, in-line with Linn’s sales and marketing objectives.
- Analyse sales performance data to create specific and measurable objectives that grow sales for both the retailer and Linn.
- Manage each objective to completion, leading with the retailer and Linn’s wider support functions to ensure follow through.
- Hold review calls with each retailer to discuss progress and agree future actions to achieve joint objectives.
- Effective time management to balance work load and prioritise tasks.
- Support and develop brand position and distribution across preidentified growth territories.
- Achieve individual sales and performance targets.
- Generate a pipeline of ideal new retailers and manage journey from initial contact to onboarding and beyond.
- Present structured commercial proposition, collate and track progress, and execute product sales following new product roll out.
- Report on sales vs target and market activity/feedback.
- Develop and maintain relevant business plans for all retailers.
Essential Skills & Experience
- A collaborative approach to working with an external trade network.
- Evidence of working and building up effective stakeholder relationships, and possession of strong negotiation, objection handling, and selling skills.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication, administrative skills and highly organised.
- Demonstrable literacy and numerical skills.
- Evidence of drive and ambition.
- Ability to support and collaborate with colleagues as part of a highly functioning team.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Fluent Italian.
- Experience in B2B2C sales, working with independently owned resellers.
- A background in selling high-tech, high-value products.
- Retail management experience.
- Knowledge of the audio industry or relevant marketplace.
- Experience in consultative, partnership-driven sales based on analysis and insight.
- Experience of using and interpreting data to create commercial arguments.
- The role will be remote, UK based with travel to retailer locations across the UK, Italy and Scandinavia.
- Quarterly visits to Head Office in Glasgow.
- Attractive remuneration package with a pathway for progression.
- Vibrant and unique working environment.
As well as a competitive salary and opportunities for career progression we also offer fantastic benefits such as:
- 32 days annual holidays and holiday purchase scheme
- Onsite gym and sauna and exercise classes
- Professional development opportunities
- Health Working Lives awarded employer
- Health Living awarded canteen
- Flexible, hybrid working
- Generous staff discount
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Online GP and EAP
- Private healthcare
- Company pension
- Life Assurance
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us your salary expectations and what you can bring to this role