At Linn, everyone makes a difference, so we’re committed to finding the best talent around. We offer a rewarding career in an ever-changing market, working with people who love music.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to join us, to help develop and expand our existing network of custom installers in North America. You will have a commercial mind-set, drive to succeed, and a passion for music and smart home technology.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the talented sales team of an established, forward-thinking company at the leading edge of design and manufacture of music systems.
Develop Linn’s Custom Install business in North America, working in partnership with our network of Custom Installers to deliver sustainable sales growth.
Work closely with the Custom Install Sales Leader to support and deliver the overall Linn sales strategy.
Based in UK or North America with travel to custom installer locations across North America.
Essential Skills & Experience
- At least 3 years’ experience working in the Custom Install or Hi-Fi Industry with a manufacturer or retailer/custom installer.
- Experience in consultative, partnership-driven sales, with an open and collaborative approach.
- Evidence of working and building up effective stakeholder relationships, and possession of strong negotiation, objection handling, and selling skills.
- Manage and develop Linn’s Custom Install business in North America to deliver the agreed sales objectives and targets.
- Expand Linn’s network of Custom Installers in North America. Create territory development plans and report progress. Establish and grow new Custom Install accounts.
- Work closely to understand each Custom installer’s individual business needs and add value by providing commercial insight on how they can grow their sales with Linn.
- Create business plans with key accounts with agreed activities, milestones and measurables.
- Establish strategic partnerships with 3rd parties that support Linn’s Custom Install sales growth.
- Work as part of the wider sales team to achieve Linn’s overall business objectives.
- Periodic visits to the head office in Glasgow.
- Achievement of individual sales and performance targets.
- Managing and maintaining a monthly pipeline of project business.
- Monthly reporting of sales vs target and market activity/feedback.
- Identification and recruitment of new custom installers.
- Creation and maintenance of business plans for key accounts.
As well as a competitive salary and opportunities for career progression we also offer some fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible working
- 32 days annual holidays
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Company pension
- Life Assurance
- Online GP
- Health Assured Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional development opportunities
- Healthy Working Lives awarded employer
- Healthy Living awarded canteen
- Onsite gym and sauna
- Online exercise classes
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Generous staff discount
- Perkbox freebies and discounts
If this is the role for you then please get in touch telling us why, along with your CV and salary expectations.