Linn Products is an established thriving and vibrant Glasgow company at the leading edge of design and manufacture of music systems. Our product range spans the entire audio chain, and we take pride in developing unique engineering solutions that push the boundaries of domestic audio reproduction.
Linn is proud of our collaborative and caring culture, focused on quality, performance, and continuous improvement. Linn genuinely cares about our people and supporting their career development.
Due to continued success, we are looking a Graduate Product Design Engineer to grow our Research and Development Team.
You will be part of a multidisciplinary R&D department designing and developing exciting new audio products. The candidate will join the mechanical design team. You will work collaboratively with the team to support development of new products from concept through to manufacture, covering everything from aesthetics to detailed engineering design. You will work closely with other teams throughout the company to ensure successful product introduction.
You will also be responsible for ongoing technical support to production, service, and procurement teams. There is strong professional development ethos at Linn so in time the opportunity to increase responsibility can be taken.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- BEng/BSc 2:1 minimum, in Industrial / Product Design Engineering.
- Experience in 3D CAD, to model concepts and create detailed manufacturing drawings.
- Creative thinking skills to conceive, design and test innovative solutions.
- Knowledge of relevant production processes and materials. For example: extrusion; injection moulding; CNC machining; sheet metalwork; die-casting; anodising; plating and powder coating.
- An understanding of DFMA - ‘Design For Manufacturing & Assembly’
- The ability to communicate with colleagues across design and manufacture.
Advantageous Skills and Experience:
- Proficient with SolidWorks.
- An enthusiasm for music.
- Ability to sketch and present ideas; feel free to provide a portfolio of work.
- Experience in dynamic analysis and thermal management.
- Experience in using workshop tools, and model making.
- Experience using Photoshop & Adobe Illustrator.
- Experience with rendering software.
As well as a competitive salary and opportunities for career progression we also offer fantastic benefits such as:
- 32 days annual holidays and holiday purchase scheme
- Onsite gym and sauna and exercise classes
- Professional development opportunities
- Health Working Lives awarded employer
- Health Living awarded canteen
- Flexible, hybrid working
- Generous staff discount
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Online GP and EAP
- Private healthcare
- Company pension
- Life Assurance
Please send your CV to email@example.com telling us your salary expectations and what you can bring to this role