Due to our continued success, a new vacancy has arisen for a Production Planner.
The Production Planner will ensure parts and materials are available at the right time and in the correct quantities, to allow customer orders to be fulfilled in an efficient and timely manner, whilst managing inventory levels and costs.
- Working from forecasts and customer orders, review product critical paths and highlight any risks in sourcing / manufacturing of components, aiming for build dates to be achieved within current target timescales.
- Feed into the Production leadership team, including at daily Production meetings, to help ensure that schedule cascades through the different departments in a sensible way so that parts are available for assembly / dispatch at the appropriate time from all sources (internal and external).
- Work with the Purchasing team to understand externally sourced component delivery situation and update the production plans accordingly.
- Monitor and update weekly forecast to leadership team and highlight areas of concern to achieving targets.
- Review planned orders, ensuring critical parts and work orders are at production level.
- Liaise with relevant departments such as Orders and Service Administration to both influence schedules as appropriate and inform of current situation.
- Plan NPI schedules to allow activities to take place at appropriate times to achieve stage targets, working with Project, Production and other relevant teams.
- React to circumstances such as equipment breakdowns, staff absences, late supply of external parts, etc. with suggested scheduling changes to maximise output and minimise departmental WIP that cannot progress.
- Collate departmental performance information around efficiency, output, commit dates, etc and review with leadership team.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- You must be fully computer literate, with good experience of working with MRP / ERP systems.
- Strong analytical skills and a calm, problem solving outlook will be required to continually influence the business in the right way to balance production and meet customer demands.
- Ideally you will have experience working in a busy manufacturing business.
To apply for this role please send your CV, along with a covering note telling us why you would like to work for us, to firstname.lastname@example.org